Beginning with version 5.7.0 of the Zoom client, which is available for download on Monday, June 21, Zoom will be adding the following new features:
- Support for gender pronouns – A user’s gender pronouns will be displayed in their client contact card and as part of their display name in meetings and webinars if they have directly added that information to their profile or if is available through Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) mapping.
- Ability for meeting and webinar participants to request Live Transcription if it has been enabled by the host – Meeting participants and webinar attendees can use a button to anonymously view a Live Transcription of the meeting/webinar without interrupting the host to request it if the host has enabled the feature. If the feature has not been enabled by the host, participants will still need to make a verbal or written request to the host to enable it.
- Ability to share screen to all Breakout Rooms – The host or co-host can share their screen to all active Breakout Rooms when they are sharing their screen in the main session. This will interrupt any active sharing in the breakout sessions. Breakout Room participants who are sharing any annotation or whiteboarding will be prompted to save them before viewing the shared screen from the host. Host and participants must be using version 5.7.0 or higher to utilize and see this feature.
- Improvements to chat sidebar – Various improvements to the chat sidebar include:
- Making separate sections available for starred messages/contacts, single- and multi-user chats, and named channels
- Adding quick access icons for @me mentions, bookmarked messages, files, and contact requests
- changing the icon for named channels to #.
- Referring to starred messages as bookmarked messages to differentiate them from starred contacts and channels.
You must be using the most current version of Zoom (5.7.0) to be able to use these features. To make sure that you are on the most current version of the Zoom client:
- Open and login to the Zoom app on your computer
- Select your profile image in the upper right corner of the app
- Choose “Check for updates”
- Allow the update process to download
- Select the Update button.
The Zoom app will close down while the update is processing and restart when it is completed.